8 factoids about this bloggista
I've been blog-meme-tagged by Goofy of Bradshaw of the Future.
There are rules:
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
These are my eight factoids:
- Once upon a time, I lived in Denio, Nevada, and attended a two-room primary school there: the first through third grades were in the original one-room school house and fourth through eighth grades were across the road in the post office building.
- All the male students in first through third grades in said one-room school house, except for me, had the same surname and where all siblings or cousins.
- Denio is on the border between eastern Oregon and north-western Nevada. We students played in Oregon but studied in Nevada.
- My best friend Quinn was named after the Quinn River which ran through his family’s ranch.
- We had an abandoned gold mine on Alder Creek ranch, which is where I lived during my time in Denio.
- While playing with a friend, who was not Quinn, I discovered a box of dynamite above the walk-in freezer in our ranch compound. My first instinct was to exclaim cool and grab one of the sticks. My second instinct was to leave the attic area quickly and quietly and tell my father and uncles what I had found. We were both seven years old at the time, and we chose the latter course of action. The box of dynamite was quite old.
- We had an old air-raid siren to call the forty or so ranch hands in to lunch and dinner. My grandmother did all the cooking for them, and they lived in a bunkhouse on the property. I learned how to play poker from them.
- I have never been to Burning Man.
Okay, here’s the multilevel marketing scammy part of the blog entry. You play with bloggers, you run the risk of being meme-tagged. I must now choose eight blogging buddies to inflict:
- All I Know
- Blogging from Berkeley
- Drax Blog
- Eye of the Goof
- The Mad Latinist
- Erling Wold